Wilderness Safaris Reserve
10 night Luxury Fly In Safari
Approved by Nicole Apelian
Eco Tours International & Journeys Unforgettable
Tour Dates - 2017 To Be Determined
Cost $12,718 per person (minimum of 4 people and max of 7). Limited edition trip in collaboration with Dr. Nicole Apelian star of History Channel's, Alone, Journeys Unforgettable and Wilderness Safaris, one of the most established safari organizations in the world.
Tuesday, 15 Nov 2016 Wilderness Air Botswana, Botswana Depart from Maun Airport Arrive at Xigera Camp Airstrip ** Departure taxes from Maun Airport included Xigera Camp, Botswana Room: Guests sharing in tented rooms
Included: All meals, twice daily scheduled camp activities, park fees, laundry and all local drinks – excludes premium imported brands and champagne. Nestled in a magnificent riverine forest, Xigera Camp embodies the essence of the Okavango Delta. The camp is found on the aptly-named ‘Paradise Island’, surrounded by almost year-round water and lush vegetation. We invite you to stay in one of the nine beautifully furnished, en-suite tented rooms offering views over a seasonal floodplain and small lagoon. You will enjoy meals and drinks in the lounge and dining area overlooking the flowing channel or under the stars in our traditional African boma. During long lazy afternoons, take a plunge in the pool or soak up the sun on a lounger. Surrounded by spectacular wilderness, Xigera Camp will give you a feeling of wellbeing far from the hubbub of modern living.
Did you know?
• The camp is 100% solar-powered.
• Your activities at Xigera typically include mokoro and motorboat outings. Game drives are seasonal, dependent on the water levels.
• Mammal sightings include the water-loving red lechwe, spotted-necked otter, elephant and tsessebe along with the elusive sitatunga. Predators include leopard and spotted hyaena.
• Xigera is a delight for birdwatchers with specials such as Pel’s fishing-owl, African skimmer, greater swamp warbler and wattled crane occurring here.
Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 Wilderness Air Botswana, Botswana Depart from Xigera Camp Airstrip Arrive at Seba Camp Airstrip Seba Camp, Botswana Room: Guests sharing in tented rooms
Included: All meals, twice daily scheduled camp activities, park fees, laundry and all local drinks – excludes premium imported brands and champagne. Set in an ancient riverine forest, Seba Camp offers accommodation overlooking a perennial river that is home to a family of hippo. This family-friendly, colorful camp offers you the unique opportunity to introduce your children to the African wild. There are eight individually decorated en-suite tents each with a private deck. Two family suites with private plunge pool, sandpit and ‘tree-house’ offer hours of entertainment for the children. For those wishing to relax, our raised dining and lounge area, library or swimming pool area all comprise the perfect place to spend a lazy afternoon. Home to elephant and plains game, Seba is a wilderness wonderland waiting to be explored.
Did you know?
• Unlike some of the water-inundated areas of the Okavango Delta, the habitats around Seba Camp vary from open grasslands to secluded island sanctuaries and papyrus-fringed channels.
• Your activities vary from day and night game drives and guided walks (on request) to seasonal boating and mokoro rides.
• Apart from the elephants, game in the area includes giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, tsessebe and lechwe. Lion, leopard and large herds of buffalo are also seen.
• For bird enthusiasts, some 380 different species can be found here.
Sunday, 20 Nov 2016 Wilderness Air Botswana, Botswana Depart from Seba Camp Airstrip Arrive at Linyanti Tented Camp Airstrip Linyanti Tented Camp, Botswana Room: Guests sharing in tented rooms
Linyanti Tented Camp
Included: All meals, local drinks and daily game activities. Set in the 125 000-hectare Linyanti Concession bordering Chobe National Park, Linyanti Discoverer Camp is your base from which to explore this enormous wildlife-rich area. Unrivaled in its remoteness and space, the concession is bisected by an ancient watercourse – the now-flowing Savute Channel. Your innovative accommodation is in 6.3 metre x 3.5 metre (20.67 feet x 11.48 feet) walk-in wooden framed canvas sided tents. The tents are airy and designed to recreate the accommodation style of the early explorers, with richly coloured teak director chairs and minimalist interiors. Separate bedside tables with 12-volt reading lamps, canvas and wood wardrobes, bathrobes, comfortable beds and mirrors are provided. Private, en-suite separate toilet and showers form part of the structure. Paraffin hurricane lanterns and a crackling campfire set the ambience in the evening, while fresh, sumptuous meals are usually prepared around a fire by warm and friendly camp staff.
Did you know?
• The landscape of the Linyanti is diverse, from floodplains to open dry-land savannah and woodland with sweeping views.
• Wildlife includes the seldom-seen sitatunga that can be spotted in the waterways, as well as rare roan and sable antelope, plains game and of course their predators, the lion and leopard – with the endangered wild dog as an incredible bonus.
• Activities include game drives in the private northern sector of the concession, exploring a range of habitats, from riverbanks to scrub and forest as well as a full-day excursion with lunch at a remote scenic setting.
Wednesday, 23 Nov 2016 Wilderness Air Botswana, Botswana Depart from Linyanti Tented Camp Airstrip Arrive at Kasane Airport Underneath Trading (Wilderness Safaris Zimbabwe), Zimbabwe Scheduled road transfer from Kasane Airport to Toka Leya Camp. Toka Leya Camp, Zambia Room: Guests sharing in tented rooms
Toka Leya Camp
Included: All meals, twice daily scheduled camp activities, park fees, laundry, a guided tour of the Zambian side of The Victoria Falls, a guided tour of Livingstone town and Livingstone Museum, sunset river cruise, visit to a local African village plus local curio shops and all local drinks – excludes premium imported brands and champagne. Set on the western sector of the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, Toka Leya Camp perches on the banks of the precipitating Zambezi River. Only 12km upstream from the world-renowned Victoria Falls, the camp is well placed for you to explore the scenic and vibrant region. Limiting our footprint on this pristine land, wooden walkways snake between the 12 spacious en-suite safari-style tents. You will feel safe and comfortable in your tastefully decorated room with an expansive wooden deck looking out at the mighty river – often presenting the sight of rambling elephants, grunting pods of hippo and idle crocodiles. Under a canopy of shady trees, the camp's dining, lounge and bar areas offer ample space for you to relax, complete with an infinity pool.
Did you know?
• Toka Leya has a worm farm and indigenous nursery so as to rehabilitate the plant species of the area.
• The densely vegetated islands in front of camp form part of the braided channel of the Zambezi River.
• ‘Mosi-oa-Tunya’ is the local name for Victoria Falls, literally meaning ‘the smoke that thunders’ which accurately describes the rising spray that can be seen 30km away.
• Additional activities on offer include adventure pursuits.
• Guided nature walks within close proximity to the camp. The experience enables an understanding about the medicinal properties of plants and trees, the ecology, birds and insects as well as to interpret the signs of the wild including animals tracks.Minimum age is 13.
• Rhino Tracking with a Zambia Wildlife Authority Scout (ZAWA) available on request (subject to the availability of a ZAWA Scout). Minimum age is 13.
• Guided nature walks with a Zambia Wildlife Authority Scout (ZAWA) available on request (seasonal and subject to availability of a ZAWA scout and qualified walking guide). Minimum age is 13.
• The park offers wildlife viewing of buffalo, giraffe, zebra, impala and white rhino.
• The prolific bird life includes the African Finfoot, a rarity elsewhere, yet here a resident.
Underneath Trading (Wilderness Safaris Zimbabwe), Zimbabwe Private road transfer from Toka Leya Camp to Livingstone Airport.
END OF SERVICES